A.The words and phrases in bold each sentence are wrong.Write the correct word or phrase.
- Every year, several prizes are given to the best students
- When The pizza was delivered ,it was cold.
- you will be told when you can come in .
- that song isn’t played on the radio very often ,is it ?
- your money was stolen out of your bag ?
- we weren’t allowed to use a dictionary in the exam yesterday .
- that film won’t have shown in our local cinema for a long time .
will I bepicked up from the station on Saturday?
B. Complete using the correct passive form of the verbs in brackets
- When people are arrested , they are taken to the police station.
- Milk is usually kept in the fridge.
- Will we be told what’s in next weeks test?
- how did people communicate over long distance before the phone was invented?
- Will you be allowed to come to the party next Saturday?
- you will be given your exam results next Monday.
- Was Aidans bike found yesterday?
C.Look at The pictures and complete the sentences.Use the correct passive form of the verbs in the box .And any other words you need.
- At 10 o’clock yesterday morning ,the local bank in the high street attacked by two robbers.
- at one minute past ten the police called .
- A few minutes later ,the police arrived at the bank .The crime scene investigation was conducted .
- at 10:20 the robbers’ fingerprints …
- at 11:30 the robbers were found.
- Next week they were caught.
D. Answer the questions using your own ideas.
- Where are cars usually fixed -Cars usually fixed at mechanical workshop
- Where will next Olympic Games be held?-Olympic games will be held in London.
- Who are Oscars usually awarded to?- They’re re awared to movie stars.
- What are you not allowed to do at school?-im not allowed to eat in class.( I’m hungry)
- What were you given for your birthday?- I was given a hoodie and jewelry for my birthday last year.
- What will you be given for your next birthday?-I’ll probably be given an ipen.
E.Complete each Second sentence using the word given ,so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence. Write between two and five words.
- Will they send the letters first class?-will the letters be sent first class?
- I am not sure if they eat pizza in China .is-i’m not sure if pizza is eaten in China.
- Someone told me that they don’t make cars in the UK anymore.made-someone told me that cars are not made in UK anymore .
- Do you say usually feed the animals three times a day.fed-Are the animals fed three times a day?
- mr. Jones is ill. So he won’t give us a geography test today .be- mr. Jones is ill, so we will not be given a geography test today.
- did they take her to hospital in an ambulance ?she-was she taken to hospital in an ambulance?