B. Complete using the correct forms of the words and phrases in the boxBEAT.CHALLENGE.HAVE FUN.INTEREST.ORGANIZE.SCORE.TRAIN
Do you dream of scoring the wining goal in a football match, or beating a top tennis player?Sport interests most young people,and it’s a great way to stay healthy and have fun at the same time.That’s why the local council has decided to help young people who want to organize their own sports club.We know it’s a big challenge,and that’s why we’ll give you the money you need to get started.We’ll help you find a place to train and give you money to find good players in your area.Contact the Town Hall for details.
C. Circle the correct word
1. I really like playing board games like monopoly and Cluedo.
2.Roy was the best player,so he wasn’t surprised when he became captain of the team.
3.Lots of people get defeat from just watching sport from their armchairs.
4.I thought the music at the concert we went to last night was great.
5. Everyone in my family supports the same team.
6. I find classical music really boring , and I prefer pop.(hey!but classical music is relaxing )
D. Choose the correct answer.
1. You should take up a sport and then you would get more exercise.
2. I’m trying to work!Could you please turn the music down?
3. Just ask and im sure the other children will let you join in.
4.The referee sent Davit send out for arguing with him.
5. This is my favorite song!Turn it up!
6. A mobile phone rang, but the musician just carried on playing.
7. We can’t afford to eat out very often.
8. I’ve decided to become vegetarian and give up meat.
E. Write one word in each gap.
1. We were waiting outside the stadium for a long time before they finally let us in.
2. I’ve got that concert on DVD-it’s fantastic!
3. I ran all the way home and I was just got time for my favorite programme.
4. Everyone clapped when the singer came on stage.
5. At the cinema, Mum sat on the right, Dad sat on the left and I sat in the middle.
6. Ed doesn’t want to become a professional footballer.He just does it for fun.
F. Complete by changing the form of the word in capitals when this is necessary.
1. What’s the name of that song you were singing earlier?
2. I started to learn the piano ,but I don’t think I’ve got so much musical talent,to be honest.
3. My dad used to be really fit and was on his college athletic team.
4. When you were young, did you ever play in the street with other local children .
5. Alan is studying to be an actor, but I don’t think he’s enjoying it.
6. They have a wonderful collection of old toys at the museum in town.
7. My grandad loves to sail and we often go out on his boat.
8. You have to practice a lote if you want to work as a musician.
G. Use the word give in capital at the end of each line to form a word that fits in the gap in the same line.
Why are kittens such playful animals?They love chasing a ball or a piece of wool,and they always play in a very active way.But why?All of kittens …..when playing are,in fact,important for the future. It might look like entertainment, but the kitten is practicing it’s hunting skills.That athletic jump onto a toy teaches the kitten a lot.Think about your own actions and you’ll see that learnt a lot througn play.
H. Write one word in each gap.
Diana: Hello,is that Jenny ?Im bored of watching TV and I felt …. a chat.
Jenny:Hi Diana.Well I’m reading a book by a Russian writer.It’s about how to become a great actor.
Diana:Really?Oh,Im really interested in acting.Tell me about it,
Jenny:He says it takes a long time to get good at acting.To become popular with the public, you need to really understand people.
Diana:That sound just like me!Tell me more .What else does he say?
I. Each of the words in bold Is wrong .Write the correct word.
I’m completely crazy
with about skateboarding!I love it!
In my free time I’m listen
on to music on CD or on the radio.
Elsa isn’t very keen
for on this group,but they’re one of my favorites.
Next week we’ve got a game
to with team from Hungary.
Is that Kylie?Oh,im a really big fun
from of hers.
I was really scared when I took part
to in the singing competition last year